September 8, 2021
Eleven Talents is seeking a detail-oriented Tax Lien Specialist to join our Guardian Tax Partners’ (GTP) team! This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
The Tax Lien Specialist is responsible for all elements of subsequent taxes in regard to tax lien certificates.
Eleven Talents, LLC is a closely held real estate firm with multiple areas of focus including single family re-development, real estate development, investment real estate, lending and tax lien investing. These focus areas make up six closely held operating companies with shared staff and resources.
Tax Lien Specialist Responsibilities:
- Responsible for paying subsequent taxes in every state – includes exporting list out of Track Via for unredeemed certificates, obtaining tax amounts due and current year values, requests, prints, and logs checks into GTP tracking app, mails or pays online and coordinates with counties that require walk-in payments (IL) and mark Speedboat for no subs on ones the decision not to pay is made
- Research payment options and due dates for any new counties in which subsequent taxes are due
- Redemption responsibilities include pulling redemption information via USPS/ Online/Email and Phone, pulls and scans certificate/notice into BOX, updates pending redemption in TrackVia; determines method of mailing, manages redemption notices and emails Legal on enforcement redemptions as they come in (Stuart for IL and in-house Legal for NE/IA)
- Performs subsequent post-payment processes including tracking receipts from each county, inputs into Speedboat to balance with check, posts in Speedboat, updates GTP tracking with final numbers, files receipts (NE) and follows up with counties where receipts have not been received
- Ensures any code violations are included with certificate – upon receipt from Research, determines certificate affected, saves to BOX, notes in Speedboat and stores for 90 days
- Processes notices of Right of Redemption (IA) – determines certificate affected, saves in BOX, notes in TrackVia, if on current year’s enforcement, notifies manager and performs additional steps if needed and holds for 90 days
- Responsible for audit preparation including processing Speedboat reports for current certificates, reviews each county to ensure the certificates are in the folder for unredeemed certificates, determines if a certificate is missing and if it needs to be replaced and cleans the folder out of redeemed certificates so all that remains are open and copies are removed
- Determines any State of Bankruptcy, scans into BOX, notes Speedboat no subs, submits to Legal for claim to be filed (or to Stuart if bankruptcy is in IL)
- Acts as back-up for Redemptions
- Manages unmatched redemptions from Accounting Department by determining why they don’t balance within our $1 variance, calls counties to receive redemption information and works with Legal to clear up discrepancies
- Responsible for tracking redemption curves for each state and county within the state which allows company to assess if a specific county is not performing according to expectations and needs to be removed from further purchases
- Available to assist with tax sale preparations as needed
- Processes Alabama affidavits which require verbal and electronic communication with county and homeowner
- Answer GTP phone line
- Other duties as assigned
Tax Lien Specialist Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent years worked with proven skills managing processes and people a plus
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy required
- Self-starter with strong time management skills coupled with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment required
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills required
- Ability to research, resolve and complete tasks within pre-determined deadlines and schedules
- Possess solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel, county officials and buyers
- Willing to embrace technology to promote efficient operations
- Strong command of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook and Word programs as well as ability to learn and effectively operate computer and associated software programs – including but not limited to TrackVia, Traction, etc.
This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package including two group health insurance options: PPO or HDHP plans, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance at nominal costs as well as additional individual policy offerings of Direct Primary Care, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospitalization plans. Also available are Flex Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care) and/or an HSA account (with an HDHP). Company paid benefits include a $50K Life/AD&D Plan, Short and Long Disability Insurance plans, 401(k) with matching provision, unlimited vacation policy, 5 sick days per calendar year, 8 1/2 paid holidays and working in a collaborative, high energy team environment.
Please complete each part of this application – areas indicated with an “*” must be completed in order for the application to be submitted. This application will be kept on file for consideration for 90 days at which time it will expire. You are welcome to submit a new application at that time. Please let us know if you are in need of any reasonable accommodation in the application process.