July 16, 2021
Eleven Talents is adding a Director of Accounting to our growing organization! This full-time opportunity offers a competitive benefits and compensation package and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, high energy team environment.
The Director of Accounting will report to the Chief Financial officer and is responsible for the management of day-to-day accounting activities in accounts payable, cash, credit card and property accounting functions.
Eleven Talents, LLC is a closely held real estate firm with multiple areas of focus including single family re-development, real estate development, investment real estate, lending and tax lien investing. These focus areas make up six closely held operating companies with shared staff and resources.
Director of Accounting Responsibilities:
- Provides oversight and management of Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, Accounting Specialist and Property Accountant positions
- Creates and implements processes and controls around accounts payable, credit card and property processing
- Works to reconcile accounting inaccuracies or imbalances as needed
- Responsible for the preparation and timely production of financial reporting packages as designated, including but not limited to, quarterly and annual compliance reporting
- Ensures compliance with and prepares all reports according to applicable government regulations
- Manages complete processes for all taxes including real estate, personal property, sales and use tax
- Manages insurance with Broker
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Director of Accounting Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- CPA license preferred
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience required
- Must have a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and applicable regulations
- Highly skilled in math, accounting, and financial processes
- Possess excellent analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy in work and extremely organized
- Proven problem solver who can make clear-headed decisions while under pressure
- Proven ability to analyze and compile data and think and execute solutions quickly and effectively
- Self-starter who is highly motivated and self-sufficient
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel and external contacts
- Must be willing to embrace technology to promote efficient operations and comfortable using software programs to process data and interpret results with strong business acuity
- Strong command of QuickBooks, NetSuite, AppFolio and Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Outlook, and Word programs as well as ability to learn and effectively operate computer and associated software programs such as TrackVia, Traction, etc.
This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package including two group health insurance options: PPO or HDHP plans, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance at nominal costs as well as additional individual policy offerings of Direct Primary Care, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospitalization plans. Also available are Flex Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care) and/or an HSA account (with an HDHP). Company paid benefits include a $50K Life/AD&D Plan, Short and Long Disability Insurance plans, 401(k) with matching provision, unlimited vacation policy, 5 sick days per calendar year, 8 1/2 paid holidays and working in a collaborative, high energy team environment.
Please complete each part of this application – areas indicated with an “*” must be completed in order for the application to be submitted. This application will be kept on file for consideration for 90 days at which time it will expire. You are welcome to submit a new application at that time. Please let us know if you are in need of any reasonable accommodation in the application process.