June 1, 2021
Eleven Talents continues to grow and is adding a Construction Technician in Eastern Iowa. This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. Company vehicle and cell phone provided. GREAT opportunity for the right person, apply now!
The Construction Tech reports to the Project Manager and is responsible for performing labor, repair and construction tasks as assigned for single-family home remodels.
Eleven Talents, LLC is a closely held real estate firm with multiple areas of focus including single family re-development, real estate development, investment real estate, lending and tax lien investing. These focus areas make up six closely held operating companies with shared staff and resources. The firm is grounded in our faith, core values and the desire to bring out the best in everyone associated with our organization.
- Take direction from project manager and work orders received from office
- Perform light plumbing, electrical repair/replacement, HVAC maintenance/mechanical repair as well as drywall replacement/repair and finish carpentry needs
- Depending on location of property, may take possession of recently acquired properties and perform stabilization tasks that include, but not limited to changing locks, boarding up windows or doors, replacing burnt out lightbulbs, checking downspouts to ensure water runs away from property, taking photos and uploading as directed
- Removal and/or installation of appliances and other equipment as directed
- May assist with ensuring newly acquired property is stabilized and secured
- Meet utility vendor at property for turn-on of utilities and troubleshoot where needed
- Apply new project instructions for each property as updated and make adjustment as directed
- Carry out punch out list for properties about to be listed
- Inspect listed and in progress properties for quality control
- Maintain a brisk and productive pace of activities to complete all assigned tasks within production schedule
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED required but applicable experience may substitute
- Minimum of 2 years of construction experience required
- Must have valid driver’s license and a favorable motor vehicle record
- Knowledge of construction operations and procedures
- Previous experience in the areas of light plumbing, electrical work, drywall, and finish carpentry required
- Operational with hand and power tools associated with home repair, HVAC, basic appliance installation and minor repairs, construction, and remodeling needs
- Ability to take direction and execute instructions
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Weekend and evening availability with the willingness to participate in on-call schedule addressing emergency service calls
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time with ability to fully utilize arms/hands/legs/feet, walk/run, bend/twist body, kneel/stoop/crouch/crawl and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Must have steady hands and ability to balance well on ladders or scaffolding
This full-time position offers a competitive benefits and compensation package including two group health insurance options: PPO or HDHP plans, dental, vision and voluntary life insurance at nominal costs as well as additional individual policy offerings of Direct Primary Care, Accident, Critical Illness and Hospitalization plans. Also available are Flex Spending Accounts (medical and dependent care) and/or an HSA account (with an HDHP). Company paid benefits include a $50K Life/AD&D Plan, Short and Long Disability Insurance plans, 401(k) with matching provision, unlimited vacation policy, 5 sick days per calendar year, 8 1/2 paid holidays and working in a collaborative, high energy team environment.
Please complete each part of this application – areas indicated with an “*” must be completed in order for the application to be submitted. This application will be kept on file for consideration for 90 days at which time it will expire. You are welcome to submit a new application at that time. Please let us know if you are in need of any reasonable accommodation in the application process.